The ketogenic diet can be done as a vegetarian. The vegetarian ketogenic diet is high fat, moderate protein and low carb. Vegetarian keto diet followers simply need to be creative with their fat and protein sources. [Insert cartwheels if you are vegetarian!] Below are my top 10 vegetarian ketogenic diet foods. My favorite being coconut manna!
Vegetarian Ketogenic Diet
(Friends: The links in this post are affiliate links. Countess of Low Carb & her furbabies will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through the links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Vegetarian Keto Diet – Top 10 Foods:
Focusing in on high fat vegetarian ketogenic diet foods can be easy!
1. Coconut Manna – another excellent source of high fat. 1-2 tablespoons is delicious straight off the spoon!
2. Olives – An excellent source of high fat
3. Avocados and Guacamole – 1 cup has 21 grams of fat!
4. Walnuts, pecans & macadamia nuts – Are the lowest in carbs and are also high fat vegetarian keto foods.
5. Olive oil – this is great to add with apple cider vinegar over low carb veggies.
6. Cheese – I am mindful not to have more than 2 ounces of cheese or I can binge eat on it.
7. Fettuccine Alfredo – well, keto vegetarian noodles with my homemade alfredo.
8. Avocado Oil – I love using this on my salads.
9. Chipotle Lime Mayo – can be mixed with eggs to make a delicious egg salad.
10. Fresh coconut – I love Whole Foods’ fresh coconut.
Vegetarian Keto Diet Pitfalls:
If you are unsure how much you are consuming, I would encourage you to calculate your macros for fat and protein. Check your macros HERE.
I like to use Carb Manager Premium to track my keto macros. I usually do this for 2-3 weeks to ensure my portion sizes are accurate…sometimes my mind is different than my plate ;-).
Have you signed up for my free weekly keto mail plan? It’s my gift to the Countess Of Low Carb community. Sign up for FREE HERE.