I absolutely love this easy, simple ingredient keto recipe for shrimp risotto. It is so delicious, you won’t believe it is low carb! The key is using cauliflower rice. This recipe is great for beginner cooks and keto cooking on a budget.
(Friends: The links in this post are affiliate links. Countess of Low Carb & her furbabies will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through the links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Low Carb Keto Shrimp Risotto
This is a really simple to follow recipe. It has only 6 ingredients, but is just packed with flavor. Shrimp risotto is great to have as a lunch or dinner. You can portion it out to be more than one meal as well.
The secret to keeping it low carb is that we use cauliflower rice instead of regular rice. This is something you can make yourself, or buy frozen or fresh from your local grocery store. You can also add your favorite spices or seasoning to this recipe and really make it your own. I will sometimes add in a sprinkle of parsley or garlic. It just added some extra flavor and really makes it pop!
Keto Shrimp Risotto Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 6-8 ounces of frozen or fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup Kerrigold Butter (or brand of choice, grass fed is best)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Keto Shrimp Risotto Instructions:
- If using frozen shrimp be sure to thaw prior to cooking
- In a pan, melt your butter and then add in the cauliflower rice
- Cook rice for approximately 3 minutes
- Add in your Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and heavy cream
- Stir until fully combined
- Add shrimp to pan
- Cook for 3-6 minutes, until shrimp is fully cooked
This recipe serves 2.
Watch HERE to watch me make THIS and other simple recipes!